Saturday, May 1, 2010

Death by Hospital Smell

Mama's in the hospital. For some sick reason, we both love hospitals. But I've already finished Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and am tumbling over The House of Spirits and slowly, quietly, boredom is starting to kill me. Mama, on the other hand, is extremely tired. The doctors haven't given us anything, and it's been four frekkin days already. She's been endlessly going in and out of the bathroom for the past four days, and she just wants to go home. We don't think it's serious, but still, we should be getting results. I suddenly missed Makati Med.

The only thing that made this trip to the hospital bearable is the bay window. The view isn't exactly New York or the Eiffel tower, but at night the street lights seem to mimic fireflies flying across the express way. I swear it feels like magic. Anyhoo, I finished Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and enjoyed it tremendously, as I did with every Murakami I've read. But Norwegian Wood is still my favorite. BORED. Hmmmmaybe I should go to Gel's party later? I'm still mustering the courage to ask mama, she's in the hospital after all. But I've been with her for four days straight now, and it's a weekend, so I guess my brothers could take over for one night.

hmmmwatchasay?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEL BARRIENTOS, YOU THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment