Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Prologue of the Chronicle of Jobless Girl

A peek into this hopefully short journey I’d like to call “job-hunting”. Here’s a list of things I should be done with by the end of the week:

1.   Resume and CV
Believe it or not, I have no idea how to make a resume. I had Eng102(Business Writing) a year ago, but I have forgotten what I have learned IF I have learned anything, which I’m sure I have. And if I wanted a mediocre resume then I should’ve been done with it months ago, but no, I want something as extraordinary as I am. Ha! Beat that! Arrogance at its finest!

2.   Portfolio
First, I should make a list of what I would include like some of my poems or stories from my thesis, or my critical analysis of Alain de Botton’s On Love, or whatever. I don’t want to go over the top, but I don’t want it to look like trash either. I’m planning to make my portfolio like my thesis booklet, the one I gave away to kuya and my professors.

3.   List of Companies
Where do I see myself anyway? Because I’ve always been gaya-gaya puto maya of my brothers, I can’t help but see myself in an Ad Agency like kuya Paolo. And I think, and he thinks that I could make it and be good at it, so. He already gave me a list so all I have to do is put in other companies I’d like to try out. What do I have to lose anyway, other than my integriiiittyyyy. Kidding.

Yes. I'm a little late to be looking for jobs, being that I graduated 2 months ago. But I was in dire need of a long rest and my parents said I should, since it would be my last vacation once I start working. Now I have no more excuse for unemployment except that I have no idea where to begin, or how. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment