Thursday, August 18, 2011

BORACAY EATS: Thai


First eat at Bora is at Sa’Neh – a Thai restaurant in D’Mall; right behind Aria. I’m not a big fan of Thai food, but I have -- on several occasions -- had good, really good, Thai cuisine. I’ve had Thai food in Bangkok. You can’t get more authentic than that! I kid. But seriously, I think I have the right to say that Sa’Neh was quite the disappointment.  

Before I divulge the nitty-gritty of the dishes we had, first I offer my apologies – 1) because I am no food blogger and I would be satisfied simply by telling you whether I liked it or not, 2) because I am writing this from memory. So yeah, I take it back; we won’t be going into details. Anyway, here goes:



1. Tom Yum Goong

I honestly don't know what Tom Yum should taste like, but I didn't like this one, nor did Gel and Steph. I just know that it should at least have more color. The lack of color should have been enough sign that the taste would be lacking as well.  Too bad. I still remember the gingery aftertaste (not even sure if it did have ginger in it). Let's just say, after this one, I'm never having Tom Yum again.

2. Yum Mua Muang

In layman's term, this is nothing but a mango salad. This one, I quite enjoyed. Not because it was anything special, but only because anything with mangoes in it is good food. I just love mangoes. This has shredded mangoes, cabbage and crushed nuts. I think. That's all I remember actually. (I suck at this, don't I?)

...........................................................................................................................................

Y/Nay for my first attempt at food blogging! I have no intention of making this a hobby, unless I intend to double my size by the year's end. Consider this an excuse for my sucky entry. 

Once I get a hold of Gel's url, I'll be happy to share the link, as I bet she'll have more specific entries on our Bora foodventures. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment