Thursday, November 17, 2011

Of commitments, series and bad endings (and the randomness of it all)


Is it just me, or is Santana’s version of Rumor Has It really better than Adele’s? Santana just earned a place in my heart for that brilliant performance. That, in itself, is quite surprising since my heart has recently closed for construction.

Moving on (before I start bawling my eyes out over heart-talks), coming home early yesterday allowed me two episodes of Glee. I haven’t watched a single episode since I left ThinkIdeas. Back in my old work, we used to watch it like clockwork. Needless to say, I never missed an episode then. But on my own, watching a series is hard work. I’m a commitment phobe that way. I seemed to have watched all sorts of series – Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Friends, Grey’s Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Big Bang Theory, etc – and never finished a single one. Except How I Met which I continue to watch to this season, and which I intend to see through (if I be blessed with enough patience). But I don’t watch it regularly or weekly – as one is supposed to. I wait ‘til episodes pile up, and then marathon them on weekends. More fun that way.

My system is not built for series. I wonder if this says something about me as a person. Commitment phobe, as I mentioned. Or, perhaps I really have no time to wait for endings that do not live up to my expectations. They build you up then disappoint you, these goddamned series. I swear if How I Met Your Mother ends up with a mother I don’t like, I’ll explode like a pie left too long in the oven. Bad simile. Sue me.  

Oh well. I say too much, and they don’t really mean anything, yes? I am such a sucky blogger. Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment