Saturday, January 7, 2012


Been sick for days. 4 to be exact. Today, my dad decided to skip work, so it’s a holiday from boredom. After lunch, we went for a short trip to the mall. He was looking to replace his sketchbook, and I tagged along. I was promised a new book. I can’t remember the last time I was brought anywhere by any of my parents so they could buy me something. It felt awfully lot like I was back to being a little kid haha

Anyway, by the end of the trip, I had three books in hand: Franz Kafka’s The Castle, Salman Rushdie’s Luka and the Fire of Life and Margaret Atwood’s A Handmaid’s Tale. I easily decided on The Castle, but couldn’t choose between the other two. Papa decided for me. And expect him to judge a book by its cover any day. And I can’t blame him, Luk and The Fire of Life has quite a handsome cover.

Personally, I prefer black and white or monotoned covers, but this one's quite pretty.

We passed by Pan de Manila on the way home. For merienda, my dad and I had hot pandesal (mine with melted cheese; his with queso de bola) dipped in hot coffee. It’s one of those simple moments that makes an otherwise plain day absolutely perfect. It’s the silly happy ending that may be a bit cliché, but works anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment