Sunday, April 1, 2012

Compared to the previous months, March was quite a doll. I just turned 22, and anyone who knows me would know that turning a year older makes me feel like I’m being chased after by the curse of age. But the world has a pretty nice gift, it didn’t bitch out as often or as terribly as it usually does this month.

And for my 22nd year, 22 gifts:
  1. ticket to the Pains of Being Pure at Heart live in Manila from Steph and Nicole
  2. birthday salubong with the Pains of Being Pure at Heart
  3. bouquet of roses from the bestest parents
  4. signed copy of Eric Gamalinda’s Zero Gravity from Nicole
  5. a dozen margarita cupcakes from officemates
  6. white pair of oversized shades from Marah
  7. Death Cab for Cutie live in Manila!
  8. college rerun with my favorite orgmates at the Death Cab concert
  9. copy of Jonathan Safran Foer’s Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Everything is Illuminated from Ken
  10. a ticket to Dashboard Confessional’s concert from Gelly
  11. 8 gold tickets for Dashboard Confessional’s concert from Nikko
  12. Chris Carrabba live in Manila!
  13. endless talks over coffee and city walks with Gelly
  14. Toblerone cheesecake and a cutesy marble candle from Gelly
  15. breakfast of waffles and gossip with Gel and Ehm
  16. shopping spree funded by the few tickets we sold from Nikko’s gift (lol)
  17. sleepover with Nicole and Jear + 3 idiots to complete the “friendship” sleepover theme hahaha
  18. return to childhood with a trip to EK with the coolest friends
  19. four trips to banapple – a total of 3 banoffee pies, 2 chicken pies, 3 orders of chicken parmigiana = a whole lot of calories
  20. the first installment of the Hunger Games series
  21. finishing Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  22. finishing the month happy and alive
The last one’s a bit cliché, but I was so close to running out of things to be thankful for that I just had to throw that one in. The list boasts of material things, but I’m most thankful for the people behind those trips, gifts, concerts, etc. I went out a lot this month (hence the bankruptcy and my parents’ growing annoyance), and it may be a bit too conceited to say, but it sure felt like a month-long celebration! Now, I'm all set for April - far more fun, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment