Compared to the previous months, March was quite a doll. I just turned 22, and anyone who knows me would know that turning a year older makes me feel like I’m being chased after by the curse of age. But the world has a pretty nice gift, it didn’t bitch out as often or as terribly as it usually does this month.
And for my 22nd year, 22 gifts:
- ticket to the Pains of Being Pure at Heart live in Manila from Steph and Nicole
- birthday salubong with the Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- bouquet of roses from the bestest parents
- signed copy of Eric Gamalinda’s Zero Gravity from Nicole
- a dozen margarita cupcakes from officemates
- white pair of oversized shades from Marah
- Death Cab for Cutie live in Manila!
- college rerun with my favorite orgmates at the Death Cab concert
- copy of Jonathan Safran Foer’s Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Everything is Illuminated from Ken
- a ticket to Dashboard Confessional’s concert from Gelly
- 8 gold tickets for Dashboard Confessional’s concert from Nikko
- Chris Carrabba live in Manila!
- endless talks over coffee and city walks with Gelly
- Toblerone cheesecake and a cutesy marble candle from Gelly
- breakfast of waffles and gossip with Gel and Ehm
- shopping spree funded by the few tickets we sold from Nikko’s gift (lol)
- sleepover with Nicole and Jear + 3 idiots to complete the “friendship” sleepover theme hahaha
- return to childhood with a trip to EK with the coolest friends
- four trips to banapple – a total of 3 banoffee pies, 2 chicken pies, 3 orders of chicken parmigiana = a whole lot of calories
- the first installment of the Hunger Games series
- finishing Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- finishing the month happy and alive
The last one’s a bit cliché, but I was so close to running out of things to be thankful for that I just had to throw that one in. The list boasts of material things, but I’m most thankful for the people behind those trips, gifts, concerts, etc. I went out a lot this month (hence the bankruptcy and my parents’ growing annoyance), and it may be a bit too conceited to say, but it sure felt like a month-long celebration! Now, I'm all set for April - far more fun, I hope.