Friday, October 26, 2012

a view from far away

Last year, my 10-year multiple-entry US visa expired, without having been used. I was in the US once, but only for a stop-over at the Minneapolis airport. When I was a little girl, I thought that you only get to ride planes when you're going to the states. I didn't know of other wonderful places then; most of my cousins were in California and New Jersey. When I got a little bit older, I started having plans of moving to New York with my best friends (later found out that almost everyone has). Since I moved to Milton, I've had several chances of seeing the states from afar. The latest was last weekend, when my brother, parents and I took a 3-hour drive to Windsor (my brother and dad gave a talk). From the deck, we got a good view of what my brother refers to as Robocop City - Detroit. While my kuya Ouel doesn't like Detroit that much, from afar, it provided a wonderful backdrop for a photo-op.


2 comments:

  1. "Canada! With America just right there!" -Stinson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New York: just around the corner. Except, well, Buffalo New York that is.

      Delete