Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Saltimbanco

They say all good things must come to an end.

I say end them always with a bang. Compared to all the fun we've been having with our high school friends since Jennie's arrival, spending her last night with only us girls doesn't quite live up to the "bang" one expects. Especially since none of us loves to party.  But a toned-down night of girl talks, japanese food, and a good show seems to me the perfect ending to a strenuous vacation. 
What I hate most about huge malls is deciding where to eat. This specific night, I was wearing heels. Very rare; it was a special occasion, what can I say. And we were in MOA - 4th largest mall in the world. Every time somebody points to a restaurant and asks "how about here?" I wanted to shout "everyone say yes already." We all eventually said yes to Kimono Ken. By this time, I think everyone was too tired for anyone to object. Although I've had better Japanese food, I was tired and I was with some of my best friends in the whole wide universe, so it was only natural that everything felt like bits of heaven in my mouth. After dinner, we met up with Joy for a quick chat before the show starts. 
We saw Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco after. Quite a show. I spent the two hours of which gaping, resting only during the 10-minute break. I wish I have photos to show how goggle-worthy it was, but the security was strict and I had to leave my camera outside the arena. Boo.
The arena was silent with shock and awe the entire show, but Jear and I were at the back wondering how amusing it would be to watch these acrobats have sex. If you were there and you remember hearing malicious, girly giggles, uhm, that's probably us. 
Although Jennie's vacation lasted 2 months long, and having flexible work schedule, I was able to spend a lot of time with her, it still felt like we didn't have enough time together. Hopefully, we can sync our vacations, so we can go home together next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment