Monday, December 31, 2012

obligatory year-end shiz

Okay, so a few hours before I welcome 2013, here's a quick review of the year 2012: it. was. awful.

And like all things awful, it started quite well. I was doing flea hops in January, smitten more with the idea than the actual fact of a literary lover from across the universe (who I am now convinced is nothing but a figment of my imagination). I went to HongKong with my friends on February. Best out of the country to date. Danced to Pains of Being Pure at Heart live in Manila on the last day of February, entering into March 1st, the day I turned 22. Went to see two of my favorite bands of all time live - Dashboard Confessional and Death Cab for Cutie. Both March and on the same week! My brother and his family went home from Canada, April. Went to Boracay with my best friends, May.

And then everything went downhill from that first half of the year. Sulked my way into moving continents and left my second name, friends and family in the only place I will ever call home. Was uprooted to cold Milton, thankfully with my parents, my eldest brother and his family but still felt strangely alone. Transformed my already bitter disposition to a darker shade of glum.

Now despite tearing up on New Year messages from friends back home, I'm looking forward to 2013, to taking control of my life and emotions and to looking at things from a slightly better angle. One which isn't as distorted as the angle in which I've seen the past year.



HOLY SHIT I WAS IN A FREAKING BELL JAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment