Saturday, June 1, 2013

Notorious for never learning from my mistakes (or for being far too forgiving, often to a fault), I went ahead and made a reading goal/challenge again this year. If you follow me on Goodreads, you'll find that I've once again overestimated myself. As if it isn't enough that I plan on reading *secret* number of books this year, I also want to make sure half of which are notable ones - with awards and all those pretentious shits. Cause if not, my YAs pile up and as of late, I've already been having YA dreams - egging houses and falling head over heels in love. Crap. Also, I promised I'd read God of Small Things once every year. Because it's amazing, that's why. And that I'd re-read Catcher in The Rye again, because I quite frankly did not enjoy it the first time. Being that I was a suburban girl then, with silly if not shallow plights in life, and teen angst was a foreign distant idea. I figured I might get it better now. Or I could at least try. I hate it when I don't like something everyone else likes, it's like I'm not in on an inside joke. I'm poseur that way.  

Update: I've read 10 books so far. Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies is by far my favorite. Followed by Eugenides' Marriage Plot and McCarthy's The Road. And, I'm currently reading: The Catcher in The Rye hooooray.


In other news, I'm so bad at blogging I'm considering shutting this one off ( as well as the rest of my other blogs), but for now, I'm going to try and blog more often on my tumblr account. Click me, dali.

No comments:

Post a Comment